26 January 2011

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

That's how I feel with potty training K.  He'll start making great progress, and then regress.  Some days he's super excited about wearing underwear and using the toilet, while other days he screams if we mention it and begs for a diaper instead.  For the most part I'm inclined to let him be in charge of it, and yet I second-guess myself about that at times.  I'm sure some of it is that I'm sometimes busy with C or cooking or cleaning or whatever, and so don't always think to remind him about the toilet.  *sigh*  Part of it, too, is that he regressed big time when he got the flu before Christmas, and then the hype of Christmas of course threw him off and he's just now getting back into the swing of things.  Oh well, I know he'll get it sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment