17 January 2011

Book Nook

Continuing with my new series.  Up for grabs today is The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler.  I can't remember exactly when we got this for K, but he loves it.  When I was pregnant with C, he wanted to read this all the time.  He wanted to read it so much that I memorised it, which came in handy.  Since I felt horrible for most of the pregnancy, I could recite the story whilst K turned the pages.  This also proved helpful if I was cooking or doing something that didn't allow for me to sit down with him.  It's a cute story.  The sequel, The Gruffalo's Child, is also nice, but I don't think it's as good as the original.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, never heard of this either! I'm loving this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're liking it. This is a really cute book, and we all love it. Other good ones from this author are Charlie Cook's Favourite Book and Zog.

    ReplyDelete