3 January 2011

Cooking Experiments

I've been keen to try out this new pan that B got me for Christmas.  It can be used on the stove and go in the oven.  So last night when I looked at the menu and realised I didn't have much veg to go with the bolognese tortellini I'd planned on fixing, I started thinking of what else I could use.  I decided to pull out some minced beef and make some meatballs and cook them on the stove in this new pan.  Meanwhile I'd cook the tortellini, then drizzle it with olive oil.  Then I'd throw that in the pan with the meatballs, put some mozzarella on top, and throw it in the oven until the mozzarella had melted over everything.  And it worked out great.  B took a picture as proof.  Isn't it beautiful?  It was easy to make and tasted great, and at least one kid liked it.  Of course, C pretty much likes all food except for green beans and Brussels sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment