27 January 2011

Knitting Thursday

Since there's nothing much to report as far as knitting projects (still working on B's sweater), I thought I'd talk about the yarn and needles I'm using.  The yarn is Wildflower DK by Plymouth, which is a nice yarn to use, I think.  It's a fairly soft yarn, and it knits up really well.  I've even had great luck with unravelling things and starting new projects with the yarn.  It's sad that it's being discontinued, but so it goes.

I'm using size 5 bamboo circular needles for this project.  I really like bamboo needles.  They're nice and smooth, and don't split my fingertips if I've not knitted in a while like metal needles tend to do.  I've never really liked straight needles, which I'm sure is at least in part because I used circular needles when I first started knitting.  So even if I'm just knitting back and forth, I prefer the circular needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment