17 December 2010

5th Anniversary!

Today my husband and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.  It's a much prettier day than it was on our wedding day, when it rained and stormed the entire day.  It's colder, sure, but sunny.  We started out the day with pancakes and waffles, then got everyone ready and out of the house for Mass.  After Mass, Fr T said a blessing for us, which was quite nice.  Tonight I'll make homemade lasagne (might even make the pasta myself!), garlic rolls, and roasted parsnips, all enjoyed with a nice glass of red wine.  Yum!

It's amazing to look back and see how far we've come in these 5 years, too.  When we got married, we were living in Florida and I was teaching 3rd grade.  We moved to England when we'd been married 9 months, and have lived there since that time.  We have two wonderful children thus far.  We've both grown in our faith, helping each other along the way and making sure we can pray together as a family and attend Mass together.  I can honestly say I love B more now than I did when we married, and I look forward to the future with me by his side.

No comments:

Post a Comment