24 November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This has always been my favourite food holiday.  I love turkey and all the fixings and always have.  I'd love to go to Mass and celebrate the Thanksgiving of the Eucharist, but my children are a bit ill.  Nor horribly so, but enough where they should stay home and just veg out.

Back to the food.  I'd planned to brine the turkey, but then couldn't find a turkey that hadn't already been injected with a brine solution.  I instead marinated it.  If it turns out as delicious as I hope, I'll tell you what I did. ;-) (Update: the turkey was delicious.  I'd marinated it in a mixture of 1 cup of cranberry juice, juice of 1 medium orange, a few splashes of apple juice, 2-3 cloves of garlic, fresh rosemary, and fresh thyme).

 Here's our menu:

1 comment:

  1. That all sounds delicious. Happy Thanksgiving and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete