27 November 2011

Day 27 of Thankfulness

http://crochetingingeorgia.blogspot.com/2009/11/advent.html
Happy Advent! I love Advent. It's a special time of year for me: my son's birthday is often during Advent, I entered the Church during Advent, and I was married during Advent. In a way, all these things heighten the sense of waiting for the Second Advent of Jesus and the marriage supper. We have a taste of that now in the Eucharist, of course, but now is the time we look for the fulfillment of that.

I am also thankful for the new translation of the Mass. We'd started using in Liverpool before we left, but we didn't start using it in the US until now. As Fr. Barron points out, the language is elevated, more regal. This is appropriate, for we are in the Prescence of the King of Kings at Mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment