9 June 2011

Crafty Thursday

You'll notice I changed the name today, because I did more than knit.  As far as knitting goes, I finished the ribbing on my sweater and started the "skirt" part.  I'm doing a combo of Inverness diamonds and marriage lines.  I've not done enough to see if I like it, though.  I left in a lifeline at the end of the ribbingg so I can easily rip out to that point if need be.

I also broke out the Elna sewing machine I was given in order to try to turn some old jeans into a skirt. I'm not quite finished yet, and I'm not sure if I like it or not, but thought it was worth a try.  I can always cut them down more to make something for Charlotte if it doesn't work for me.  As my husband said, I'm just living out the principle of Joseph Had a Little Overcoat. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment