6 June 2011

Book Nook

I picked up this book at a Catholic retreat centre outside of St Alban's last year.  I thought it was cute, and both kids have liked it.  It's interactive, since the child is supposed to move the little lamb through the different pages.  Sometimes the lamb has gotten lost, but right now it's in its slot in the book cover, as it should be.  I'll be honest and say that I often find children's religious books to be overly cheesy and dumbed down, but this one isn't too bad in that regard.  Of course, my critique doesn't just apply to religious books for children, because there are a lot of children's books that I find too cheesy and/or dumbed down.  I don't believe in talking down to kids.  I'm also the mother who's read Shakespeare to my son, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment