23 February 2012

Crafty Thursday

It seems this week has been devoted to smaller projects for others.  Our neighbours are having twins, so my mother and I thought it would nice to make a little something.  Well, the last time I went to JoAnn's, Charlotte picked up the colourful yarn (Serenity Chunky Sprinkles, by Premier Yarns) and took off the label, so I went ahead and bought it.  I thought it was perfect for the little snuggle bunny, which is the pattern on the label, actually.  I also had the red yarn (Oh My! by Plymouth; if you felt it, you'd understand the name, as it's so, so soft) in my stash, so I went ahead and made that one up, too.


My mother and I also looked around at Michael's to see what we found.  I was actually looking for buttons for Charlotte's cardy, but was unsuccessful in that venture.  However, I was intrigued by the Loops & Threads Pom-Pom yarn I found and decided to get a couple of skeins.  The pattern on the label said to cast on 8 stitches and use two skeins, but I thought that made the scarf too wide.  So with the first one, I cast on 4 stitches, and with the second I cast on 5.  I thought both of those worked out well.  It took a little while to get in the rhythm of it with the pom-poms (and we won't even talk about how long it took me to untangle one of the skeins after the kids decided to "knit" me a sweater with it), but I like the end result, and they're super soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment