9 February 2012

Crafty Thursday

I'll have to apologise for the lack of photos this week. Life's a little crazy. This week I had to take out and restart Charlotte's cardy. Unfortunately I'd neglected to do a gauge swatch, and I hadn't looked at their gauge well enough. Still not sure how they got only 22 stitches with size 3 needles. So the cardy was going to be too small, so I ripped it out and began again on larger needles. I'm now back to where I was, I think.

then I finished the front, or back, of my husband's sweater. The front and back are the same. I then began the other side. It's goi fast since the knitting machine is behaving itself, though there was nearly a crisis when Charlotte moved some of the needles.

Most fun, though, has been teaching a friend to knit. After Mass on Tuesday, we headed to JoAnn's to get some yarn and needles. She went with a self-patterning yarn from Bernat, and then we let the kids play while we knit. I think I have a habit of having my knitting students start with something more challenging. The first person I taut to knit started with a fish toy, and had to learn to increase from the very beginning. This time, she had to learn to do a picot edging first thing. I'm impressed. And th kids nada blast playing together while we had fun hanging out and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment