23 January 2012

Book Nook

When a gift card from Barnes and Noble arrived for the kids, I think I was as excited as they were.  We piled into the car while we discussed what books they might like.  Kieran requested a Thomas the Tank Engine book, and Charlotte was happy about finding another Frog and Toad book.  Since we had more money on the gift card, we browsed the children's section to see what else we found.

Source
On a whim, I meandered over to the religious section to see if they by chance had a good Catholic children's Bible.  I found this, My Big Book of Catholic Bible Stories, and thumbed through it.  I loved the layout, and how it wasn't just a paraphrase, but included the NRSV text and also included ideas for going deeper and/or activities that could be done.  With a Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur from Bishop Choby, I figured we couldn't go wrong, and so we got it.  While we did Bible readings together before, this makes it bit easier to share Scripture with the kids.  I can't wait to share it with them more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment