2 January 2012

Book Nook

When I was doing some Christmas shopping at Barnes and Noble for some family, I took Charlotte into the children's section to peruse the children's books. I was searching for some Julia Donaldson books, but they only had The Gruffalo; it's a wonderful book, but we own it already.

So we looked around some more, and Charlotte found the book Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel. We own Frog and Toad are Friends, which the children love, but I hadn't known there were more books in the series. Of course I had to pick it up as one of the gifts for my kids. As I expected, it's a fun book with stories the kids love to read over nd over again. You can't go wrong with these stories.

1 comment:

  1. I love the frog and toad books! When my little guy was around 2 1/2, I noticed that he was able to follow a story without a lot of pictures. I decided to try to read him a longer book at bedtime, one chapter a night. Unfortunately, the great books I tried to read (James & the Giant Peach, Winnie the Pooh, etc.) had vocabulary and ideas that were way beyond his scope of understanding. Frog & Toad saved the day! The words are easy to understand and the "chapters" are the perfect length. (Bonus! Now that we've been reading these for over 6 months, my little guy - now a little over 3 y.o. - has begun to recognize words! Rather than looking at the pictures, like he does in other books, he's looking at the words as I read them!)

    ReplyDelete