14 October 2011

Back to Blogging

I must apologise for the hiatus, but it was just too mad with preparing for the transatlantic move, and then the actual move, to blog there for a while.  I'm so proud of how my children have done with this huge change.  I'm experiencing culture shock, and I've lived in the US, so I know it has to be hard for them, too.  They seem to be adjusting to the time change, as well.  They were certainly happy to see our cats again, and to see their grandparents.

I must say that I highly recommend Virgin Atlantic.  They took very good care of us before, during, and after the flight.  I love that they provide a child seat so I didn't have to worry about whether I could adequately anchor Charlotte's car seat or if it would fit properly.  We'd accidentally left Kieran's sweater on the plane, and they found us in the baggage claim afterwards to return it to us.  Another one helped us pack up the contents of one box that had broken pretty badly, and then helped us push the carts out through customs.  Talk about going the extra mile! 

The children really did well on the plane.  They did get a bit bored towards the end, but so did I.  I really appreciated the lady sitting next to me, too.  One of the times that I was feeding Charlotte, she just told me that I was doing the right thing and to do it as long as I could.  That really meant a lot.  She'd commented that she'd returned to work when her child turned 1, and how difficult it was to continue breastfeeding after that, so she was very pleased to see that I was breastfeeding my children.  She also appreciated my children wearing their Liverpool kits, since she and her daughter are Liverpool supporters.

I think that covers the basics of the update for now.  I'll try to get back into blogging more regularly, though I'm sure that won't happen immediately. 

1 comment: