7 April 2011

Knitting Thursday

I've made quite a bit of headway on this kimono-style dress for Charlotte.  I'm pleased with how it's looking thus far.

I've not been working on it as much over the past few days, though, because I've had another project.  See, Sunday was Mother's Day here in England, and my wonderful husband completely surprised me by getting me a Kindle!  I'm an avid reader and am always heading to the library for books, so this was the perfect gift.  I'd actually planned on asking for one for my birthday.  The Kindle doesn't come with a case, so I decided I'd make one.  I have one skein of the green Bertagna Filati denim print in green, and I'd wondered what I would do with it.  So I started making the striped mitred cover you see, but I didn't like the way it looked, so I took it out.  Now I'm just using the green yarn and doing a plain cover.  This yarn doesn't need anything fancy anyway.

2 comments: