17 March 2011

Knitting Thursday

Sorry for not posting one last week.  I didn't have a whole lot to report last week, as I was just putting the finishing touches on Kieran's sweater, and I'm not online as much right now with it being Lent.  I finished Kieran's sweater last Friday, and blocked it on Saturday.  I have to confess that I hadn't actually blocked a sweater before, but it's necessary with the Sherwood sweater to make sure the cables stand out the way they should.  I could've made his sweater longer; I keep saying all his sweaters need to be longer, but then I don't always make that change.  I did add a few rows to the bottom when I made this one, but I should've added more.  Ah, well, it does fit him, he just won't be able to wear it next year.

Once I finished his sweater, I had enough left on that skein to make the matching hat.  This knit up quite quick since it was on larger needles and all the cables were on the same level, so the majority was just ribbing.

Having finished that, I started making this dress for Charlotte.  Hopefully I can finish it by her birthday.   I can't believe she'll be 1 in just over a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment