11 February 2013

Book Nook: Gilbert and Sullivan


Captain Picard: Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?
Lieutenant Commander Worf: No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members since I have been back.

On a recent trip to the library, Kieran disappeared in the shelves of books and then brought a book to me. The book? The Fabulous Feud of Gilbert and Sullivan, written by Jonah Winter and illustrated by Richard Egielski. It depicts the working relationship of Gilbert and Sullivan, and their creative differences before they reconciled in working on The Mikado. I'd never known about this "feud", so I found it interesting. It was written such that it also kept the interest of the kids. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you're a fan of Gilbert and Sullivan.

No comments:

Post a Comment