2 January 2013

Eating Out with Food Intolerance

Not being able to eat dairy, eggs, beef, pork, soya, tomato, and alcohol make cooking interesting at times. It also means that eating out/getting take-out, something I only rarely do anyway, is stressful and nigh impossible. I have found one place thus far that is completely accommodating and delicious: The Mellow Mushroom.

We went there one evening after I saw that they list all the allergy information for each ingredient they use on their website. I was then able to determine if I could eat there, and what I could eat. When we went, I explained that I couldn't have any dairy, so the server made a note of that. We had to wait a bit because the chef got it wrong the first time, but the manager came out to talk to means they even gave us a discount. The pizza was delicious and worth the wait. I loved that I could completely customize my pizza to avoid all the problem foods. My only complaint is that they don't offer goat cheese. They do, however, have Daiya vegan cheese, but since I wasn't sure about that, I omitted cheese. I would definitely recommend Mellow Mushroom, though, food allergies or not. It's a little pricier, but very tasty.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had one of those near us! My husband loved that place when he lived down south! Then again, we really can't afford to be eating out, anyway, so maybe that is the silver lining on this allergy/intolerance thing.

    ReplyDelete