29 December 2011

IBreviary

One month ago, I was given my iPad, and one of the first things I did was to download the iBreviary app. When we were in Liverpool, we attended a Benedictine parish and I would sometimes make it there for morning prayer. Because of that, I'd been wanting a missal and/or prayer book for the Divine Office, but both are rather expensive. I'd also wanted to wait for the new translation before getting a missal.

So when I started looking at the App store, I looked for a breviary and was thrilled to fine that they had it and hat it was free! I love having it. I don't pray all the hours yet. My plan is to first get in the habit of Lauds, and then add more as I go. It also came in handy when we were at my in-laws', as we used the app to pray Vespers together.

The app also has the daily Mass readings, and various prayers. It's really a wonderful resource, one I highly recommend.

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to find new resources.

    Hi, and welcome to the Catholic Blog Directory. I'd like to invite you to join us for Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. It is a weekly gathering of Catholic bloggers who share posts with each other. We love to see new faces. This week's host post is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2011/12/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_31.html

    ReplyDelete