5 November 2012

The Big Brother

This post is just to brag about my firstborn. Kieran is an amazing big brother.  Towards the end of my pregnancy this time, I was having a hard time keeping up with Charlotte.  More often than not, if she said she needed the toilet at Mass, she'd run away from me when I was washing my hands.  Kieran hates going in that toilet because there are hand dryers, and the sound bothers him.  Even so, he offered to start going with us so he could make sure Charlotte didn't run.

Now that Leo is here, Kieran's really shining as big brother.  His first words to me after Leo was born were that he wanted to see his brother.  He helps me with things as needed, too.  Today I'd asked him to get his socks and shoes so we could go.  I found him sitting on the couch, holding his socks, and just watching over Leo as he napped on the Doomoo seat.  It was the sweetest thing.  Truly Kieran was made for this role, and he is a wonderful brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment