2 July 2012

Pregnancy Tea

From the beginning of this pregnancy, I knew I wanted to actually drink some red raspberry leaf tea this time around. Red raspberry leaf tea tones the uterus, which is obviously beneficial in pregnancy. Incidentally, it also helps with menstrual cramps, something I wish I'd known years ago. I'd also heard that nettle tea was good to drink, since it helps with bloodflow and has vitamin K. I was more cautious about that since it can lower blood pressure and blood sugar, but since my blood pressure hasn't been as low this time as with the last pregnancy, it seems fine to me.

Knowing what I wanted, then, I set out trying to find a good place to procure these teas. During my search, I stumbled upon Blessed Beginning's site, which sells a tea blend for pregnancy. I like patronizing family businesses and those run by work-at-home-mums, and the price and blend (red raspberry leaf, nettle, alfalfa, spearmint, oatstraw, rosehips) looked great, so I ordered from them.

My tea arrived a few days ago, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it. I drink it with just a little local honey and find that I'm breathing better now. I had been having a little trouble breathing, as I sometimes do in this area, pregnant or not, though of course it can be exacerbated by pregnancy. I only drink one cup a day, not the two recommended, since I jus started drinking it, but it works out. I'd recommend it thus far, though I can't yet say how it affects labour, of course. The benefits of the various herbs can be found on their site, though, so you can see if it looks right for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment