12 March 2012

Book Nook

We had all the Little Golden Books as children: The Poky Little Puppy, The Tawny Scrawny Lion, etc. However, my mother hasn't been able to locate them. She was ather excited, then, when someone gave me The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring Lowrey. It's a cute story of five little puppies who keep escaping from the fenced-in garden to go on adventures. One puppy, though, lags behind the others, alerting them to the fact of their mother making dessert. The speedy puppies rush home only to be tod they can't have dessert for escaping, while the poky little puppy comes home late and eats it. The tables are turned, though, when the speedy puppies fill the hole back in. . .

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading the Little Golden Books when I was little! I'd forgotten all about them. I should see if I could get my hands on some of them to read to my son. Thanks for the memories. :)

    ReplyDelete